The Art of Shooting Travel Features for Magazines
As a travel photographer I have spent the last 15 years shooting assignments for magazines throughout the world. I have worked in over 60 countries and my work has appeared in many leading publications including National Geographic Traveller, Conde Nast Traveller, Travel+Leisure, Lonely Planet, GEO France, Virtuoso Life, Wanderlust, Sunday Times Travel Magazine, BA Highlife and United Airlines Hemispheres magazine, amongst others.
I am often asked about my experiences working for magazines and regularly receive requests from budding photographers on what advice I can pass on to help them break into the travel photography industry. I have put together this ebook in the hope that I can answer some of those questions and also pass on some of the tips and tricks I have learnt over the years whilst on the road.
The book features 40 pages packed full of tips, tricks and advice including;
- How to get your foot in the door of the travel photography industry
- Twelve essential tips for creating successful travel images from research to understanding layout considerations
- My process when shooting a travel feature, using a recent shoot for National Geographic Traveller as an example
- Information on pre-production, shooting on location, editing and post-processing
- An overview of the essential equipment I use when shooting on location
- 45 images showing published layouts and screen grabs showing my computer work flow
As well as gaining an insight into the world of professional travel photography, I'm confident that you'll also pick up lots of ideas to help improve your own photography techniques and work flow. The complete ebook is available for a limited period for just £2.99, payable via PayPal or credit card. Simply click the buy now button above, make payment and you will be directed to the download page where you can download the book to any device. Alternatively feel free to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org